Thursday, July 29, 2010

Somebody is happy to be on the table

He is always so happy to jump on the table!  Can't wait for me to give him a boost on there!


This afternoon we worked on free stacking and learning "step up" -- which he caught on real quick too!  So smart this boy is!  Then we had a few goes on the table.  He is always so excited when we go near the table.. starts wiggling and wagging that tail like a mad man :)  So I guess that's a good thing huh?  We're certainly getting more and more confident on there so I am so pleased with that!  Hopefully come Fitchburg he will be more solid on there!  In addition to all this we did some gaiting by trotting up and down our street with kids playing, cars driving by, and many other distractions!  All of which did not phase him at all!  Yay Uno!  So proud of him and really cannot wait to show him!!

I guess the dog show world is quite different in comparison to the horse world.  When I was showing at the national level with Profit, we showed conservatively.  We did 4 shows tops each year.  1 qualifier for regionals if he needed to qualify.. but mostly just to get him in the ring once before regionals.. then we'd do a Large A rated like Buckeye and then Regionals followed by nationals.  Or we'd do 2 regionals and then nationals.  I was told by many that for dogs it's the complete opposite!  To go out there and get exposed etc.  So this is something will have to get used to, but that's fine with me!  Makes sense I guess - the more you're seen, the better?  As long as we deserve to be in there.. and aren't beating a dead horse (no pun intended). 

The satin balls seem to give Uno supercharged energy post meal... or so he thinks.  He turns into a rocket and blasts around like a maniac after.  Poor Cooper longingly stares at Uno eating his gigangic meals...  Cooper is the kind of dog that looks at food and probably gains weight!  Maybe this has to do with him being neutered now?  Or is that just a myth?  Both boys are super active.. but Uno seems to be hard to put weight on... perhaps I should go do a weigh in this week to see if much has changed.. b/c certainly to me I don't see much of a difference.

Mission Convince Chuck to let me get a pup sooner rather than later is in progress -- his wedding gift to me ;D  I would love love love to have a third Cardi for early 2011?  Hmmmm.. we'll see :)


1 comment:

  1. After Bug had his traumatic nail clipping on a table I put him up there every night and fed him treats he didn't get any where else. I saw a big improvement in his table performance!

    That is hysterical about the supercharged Uno!

    ReplyDelete