Tuesday, November 24, 2009

We're back

We had a great time at the show this weekend!

I was so proud of Uno b/c he was so well behaved! Minus his vocalness... haha. We met a ton of cardi people and it was awesome! I got a lot of complements on Uno which makes me really excited as well as really happy :)

He got his first ribbon ever! A 3rd in the 12-18mos dog. class on Saturday. And then sunday he got a fourth! I'm hoping that as time progresses he will be a little bit LESS bouncy ;) but that's just Uno. Perhaps some rollerblading in the early morning prior to the class would be a good idea for him.

I know what we have to work on before our next show (Providence, RI on Dec 4th & 5th).

I want to thank everyone who came to support us! Friends and family and new acquaintances!

You guys are awesome and I look forward to meeting more Cardi folk and learning more about this wonderful awesome breed !!!







9 comments:

  1. I really liked your boy, Tiffany. He's put together well, and I loved his personality and attitude. You did a great job with him. And I think you got robbed; he should have won his class, easily. Ah, well. Another day, another dog show. Keep at it!

    Have you thought about joining the Yankee Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club? We have a new infusion of board members and officers, and we're hoping to have more events and get-togethers in the future. If you're interested, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dawn!

    I attended the meeting on Saturday actually! Handed in my application! Sarah (Uno's breeder) signed for me and.. ahh can't remember her name (the really nice lady with the brindles?) signed for me too. I'm hoping to attend the next meeting!

    Thanks for your kind words about Uno! He's my first show dog and I am so proud of him. Hopefully Mr. Bouncy boy will be a little bit less bouncy for the next show ;)

    What show will you be at next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. He looks like he has really nice structure. Good luck in Providence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiffany!

    You guys did a GREAT job this weekend! :-) Good luck in RI. We won't be there, but you must let us know how you do!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys look great in the pictures. Congratulations on your first show, its a really big step and it looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time. Best of luck on the next one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, he's my favorite color! (Dark blue with big pumpkin points - you may have noticed. ;) )

    He does look like a really nice boy. I looked at the pictures first, and then read, and I was surprised that you didn't do better. I think the blue lines may take a little longer to mature, so he may have to grow a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly, thank you for the support this weekend and also for the booklet with the standard :) I think we may have hooked Chuck's mom into the breed hehe. Do you think you may show at the Fitchburg show in January?

    Kate, thanks about Un-dog! His brother ended up winning and he is a blue too.. but a clear blue.

    Do you find that it's harder to finish a dark blue merle compared to others?

    THANK YOU everyone about your comments on Uno! We love him to death and find him to be really amusing. Think Denny Crane from Boston Legal. Matches his personality to a T. hahaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tiffany,

    Uno looks great!!! I am glad I stumbled on to your blog!

    ReplyDelete