Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cardi Personalities

Now that I'm feeling less like I got hit by a tractor trailer and more like me again, I am here typing away.

I've been meaning to post this for a while but kept forgetting. It has to do with Cardi personalities.

Does everyone else feel like they have no privacy what so ever b/c their cardi is attached to their hip? Literally? I could be in the bathroom and Uno will bust open the door just to be there with me. If he's outside in the AM and hasn't seen me yet since he's been out, he will whine and whine and whine until he sees me. If I'm on the comp, he's at my feet. Anywhere I go and whatever I do.. hahaha there he is, right there waiting for me.

Coop seems to be more independent but still follows both Chuck and I around.

I'm not complaining by any means but I was curious to see if everyone else goes through this too?

I've never had a female Cardi before so I am not sure what their personalities are like. I had a female Siberian and she was so independent she was far from a velcro dog.

Chuck says when I'm sleeping (dogs sleep in their dog beds in our room) Uno will peep up over the bed on my side to make sure I'm alive.. or if I'm snoring he peeps up and pokes me in the face with his nose. One time I even woke up to Uno's nose IN my mouth. That was far from pleasant. Actually it was kind of disturbing.

Oh these dogs.. they're too amusing!

note: Uno is currently sitting on my feet.

8 comments:

  1. It's actually worse with a German Shepherd, but yes. They always follow me everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better, btw. Yes, they have to be involved. My Vallhunds are even worse. Hawk because he's a total momma's boy. But Darby, well, sometimes I think she just needs to be involved so she can take notes and not miss out on anything going on (Mrs. Cravitz) that she might need to be involved with, not so much because she can't stand to be away from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Bug is at work today with me and he is following me around the (SMALL) office! currently asleep at my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're on the mend, Tiffany.

    Ian is definitely velcroed to me. God forbid I go in the bathroom and close the door (unless the shower is running, then he's outta there!). If I even step over a baby gate and go into another room -- and he can SEE me -- he'll whine.

    Elli is more independent, though she keeps tabs on me. When I'm in the room with her she feigns total indifference and acts like she wants nothing to do with me, but I'm told that when I leave without her she'll whine at the door for me to come back. So maybe she's not as indifferent as she acts. "Just none of that mushy stuff, Mom! Yeesh!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your feeling better! I have one boy Magic and 3 girls, Grace Siren and Peace. Magic is not a big snuggler, but does typically want to be in the room I am in. If he is elsewhere, he comes to check in every 5 minutes or so. So 5 minutes wresting, go check on mom, go back to playing. Grace could really care less where I am, unless I have food. Siren and Peace are sisters. Siren is like their Mom Grace, rather independent, but more likely to be where I am. She is the one who will lay on my feet. Peace is very much a lap dog and needs to be on whatever lap she can find. They are all very different in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mugen likes to be on top of me if he can help it. I have to tell him sometimes that I am knitting or he will be on top of every project I do. I have to always have toys and chewy treats in order to get him occupied or he will "stare" at you for attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have some velcro dogs and some independant ones. Our velcro dogs are all boys. Our girls tend to be more independant, except when some one goes in the bathroom. Then you hear them snorting at you under to door. I also see an occasional tongue slip underneath door -Also wonder if they are "tasting" the air. What goofs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Up until my most recent addition, my boys were far more attached to me than my girl...but Piper is a clinger just like the boys are... tho the dog at my side right now is Sedona... and the idea of going to the bathroom alone almost seems.... lonely now... LOL

    ReplyDelete